Karnataka, is known across world for growing high coloured dry chillies. Major area’s are Hubli, Bellary and Raichur. Varieties are Byadgi / KDL, Dabbi, Syngenta 5531, Syngenta 2043 and others.
|Area||Sowing period||Harvest period|
|Hubli||June – July||November – March|
|Bellary||July – August||January – April|
|Raichur||July – September||February – May|
Karnataka area Rainfall in March 2023.
There was rainfall in Hubli area on 16/3/23 and 17/3/23, for Bellary on 17/3/23 and for Raichur it was on 17/3/23 and 19/3/23.
There was untimely rainfall in Karnataka in march month. Rainfall was low and it stood just for 2-3 days, so impact of it on crops will be negligible.
Karnataka Market arrivals in March 2023.
March 2023 Summarized
- Major arrivals were Syngentha 5531, Super-10, Indo-5, Byadgi / KDL, Dabbi and Syngentha 2043.
- Compared with last year, arrivals are 40 % more, last year we had 10% of arrivals of white colour(very low medium), this year it’s just 1-2%.
- Raichur and Bellary area yield started coming on a higher scale, in these area’s Syngentha 5531 is sowed more.
- Hubli area Local Byadgi/KDL arrivals stopped completely by the 2nd week.
- March last week Byadgi / KDL price was 63,000 and Syngentha 5531 was 22,000. Prices from 1st week of march to last week stood the same for Syngentha 5531 and for Byadgi / KDL saw a rise of 30%. In mid of march, Syngentha 5531 reached 26,000 rs.
- March month weather was average for crops, Bellary and Raichur area crops are performing well. Other than 2 days of rainfall and a week of cloudy conditions, climatic conditions were good for crops.
- Last year there was negligible village buy(Farmgate), but this year its going at a good scale and also farmer’s are heading towards cold storage.
March SpiceExtra Updates:
We have started integration of weather data into our Business Intelligence Software “Hukum”. The way forward for us is to combine the skills of a weather scientist with an Agronomist for predicting yield and quality.
To showcase credibility of our reports we have collaborated with India’s Top Business News paper – The Hindu – BusinessLine.
SpiceExtra is a platform for Research and Development(R&D) initiatives in Dry Chilli. It will focus on Digitizing – Price and Arrivals, Crop survey, Assaying and Branding. Check us at www.SpiceExtra.in