Karnataka, is known across world for growing high coloured dry chillies. Major area’s are Hubli, Bellary and Raichur. Varieties are Byadgi / KDL, Dabbi, Syngenta 5531, Syngenta 2043 and others.
|Area||Sowing period||Harvest period|
|Hubli||June – July||November – March|
|Bellary||July – August||January – April|
|Raichur||July – September||February – May|
Karnataka area Rainfall in 2022-23.
Karnataka Market arrivals in December 2022.
December 2022 Sumarized
- Major arrivals were Byadgi / KDL and Syngentha 5531.
- Compared with last year, arrivals is 30 % less but last year we had 50% of arrivals of white colour(very low medium), this year its less than 10%.
- This year total arrivals of colour medium and top quality was 20% higher than last year.
- December last week Byadgi / KDL price was 38,000 and Syngentha 5531 was 23,000. Prices from 1st week of december to last week saw decrease of 20-25%.
- December month arrivals are mostly of Hubli and Bellary area, due to cyclone rainfall from 11/12/22 to 13/12/22, Hubli area arrivals had got delayed by 7-10 days.
- December month weather was good for crop, Bellary and Raichur area crops are performing exceptionally well.
December SpiceExtra Updates:
Agnext is a Startup working on building Assaying Machines for agri Commodities. They are now working on World famous Byadgi Chilli, and we are helping them with sample collection. In below Picture, Agnext personnel collecting samples at our Hubli facility.
We had honour to host the Spices Board of India team at our office. In below picture, Regional Deputy Director Shri Dr. Johncy Manithottam(2nd to right) and his team.
SpiceExtra is a platform for Research and Development(R&D) initiatives in Dry Chilli. It will focus on Digitizing – Price and Arrivals, Crop survey, Assaying and Branding. Check us at www.SpiceExtra.in